We are, without a doubt, familiar with the game of baccarat. It is a simple game of cards that is one of the most popular gambling activities in the world. Although the game is quite easy, it still manages to be an elegant and exciting form of gamble for many individuals in the casino. A live baccarat is one of the few variations of the game.
The game of live baccarat, however, is widely available only on live dealer games. These live dealer games can be accessed by any individual on casino websites. The combination of both the fast-paced game and live casino environment has given novices and experienced gamblers a new level of enthusiasm and suspense with a house edge of 1.06%.
Before you search for the game and play a few hands, you should be mindful of the different variations, terminologies, rules, and special features that you might encounter during the game. The game uses a distinct number of terms that can highly be useful along the process of learning the game.
- Shoe – a device used to hold a deck of cards.
- Dealer or Banker – the person who deals the cards.
- Croupier – a personnel of a casino who is running the table
- Baccarat – a total point of zero.
- Le Grande – a total point of nine.
- Natural – a total point of the first two cards is eight or nine
- Coup – a round of baccarat that includes the player and the banker.
- Banco! – occurs when a player bets their entire bankroll in the game.
Live Baccarat: Guidelines of the Game
The rules of baccarat are quite simple, however you are most likely to encounter rare ones in some variants. The game comprises three bets: the player that pays 1/1, the banker that pays 0.9/1 and a tie that pays 8/1 or 9/1.
Each player gets two cards separately. The worth of a card depends on what face value it has. An ace gives you one point. However, ten cards and face cards such as jacks, queens and kings give you no value.
If the total point of the player’s first two cards exceeds ten, the second digit number is the value of the hand. The winner goes to the player whose two cards equate to an eight or nine.
Variations of Baccarat
The game of baccarat has five prominent variations namely Midi Baccarat, Mini Baccarat, VIP Baccarat, Chemin de Fer, and Side Bets.
- Midi Baccarat: this variant is the most common form that uses the standard rules of the game wherein betting limits are vast or mid-ranged.
- Mini Baccarat: unlike midi, this variant uses a fewer deck of cards but has a slightly higher house advantage and lower limits.
- VIP Baccarat: the variant is similar to midi but has higher stakes with an elaborate table layout.
- Chemin de Fer: this game is rarely encountered by gamblers, however the game allows a player to choose if they want a third or fourth card.
- Side Bets: these are additional wagers apart from your original bet. These are offers that can increase your chances of winning larger jackpots.
Each variation offers elements that are uniquely appealing to many gamblers, however table experience, console data and console functions are three aspects of the game that makes it interesting. The table experience determines the customizable aspects of the game and usually varies on the providers of the game. Some offer HD video streaming while others offer customizable camera angles. Console data is another element that is offered by some providers through detailed history of previous hands and some will showcase a statistical graphic. Console functions are offered by numerous live baccarats. This element enables players to improve their strategies, calculation and gambling skills.