Casino games have three general categories: table games, electronic gaming machines, and random number games. They play for the best odds. Roulette — being the most popular game to be ever played after Blackjack— has been considered as the king of casino games. The game can easily bring suspense and excitement to a large crowd, making it extremely popular on a global scale.
Beginners can potentially get involved with this casino game, considering that it is one of the simplest games inside the facility. However, if you plan to increase your chances of winning in this kind of gamble, there are basic rules to understand in the game of Roulette.
Roulette Has Four Basic Rules:
- Place a wager on the table where the myriad bets are entailed.
- Wagers can only be placed when the dealer ends the betting period.
- The dealer is the only person who pays the victor and the only one who can touch the chips of the players who lost.
- Touching the position of the winning marker is strictly prohibited during the game.
The game uses a wheel that consists of red and black slots, each of which contain numbers from 1-36. There are two versions of roulette: the European Roulette and the American roulette. The wheel of a European roulette has a single green zero slot. Meanwhile, the American roulette has two zero slots. The layout facilities of the game depends on what type of roulette you’re gonna play. However, it does not affect your performance on the game.
The rules are quite simple. After placing bets on your chosen number, the dealer spins the wheel and throws in a small ball. The winning number is the slot wherein the ball lands. If the ball lands on the number you placed your bet on, you will get a cash-out.
Roulette in 6 Steps:
- Choose a number/numbers you want to place your bet on.
- Make sure the amount you bet is suitable for your bankroll.
- Place your bets on the number/numbers.
- The dealer will spin the wheel and announce the winning number.
- You will get your payout if the ball lands on the number of your choice.
- Place another wager and attempt again.
The Type of Bet to Place in Roulette
Deciding on which bet to make in the game of roulette depends on what strategy you want to acquire. Even-money bets are recommended to players who prefer progressive betting systems such as Martingale and Fibonacci. Even-money bets make up most of the numbers of the wheel, excluding zero. Your chosen strategy can be beneficial to the amount of money you want to bet. It is crucially important to make a wise choice. Which is to start from the lowest bet. This way you are able to increase the wager after every loss. However, the game of roulette has its betting limits and therefore requires a player to select the game with such limits that are suitable to his desires.
Now you are aware of the basics and rules of roulette. Why don’t you give it a try? The little wheel is not only meant to be played by professional gamblers. It is also a great game for novice. Remember that strategies are important, especially if you are planning to win real money. The strategy you choose will highly affect the odds of the game and can surely increase your chances of winning.